I'm back, baby! Here's your weed NEWS for the week:
The District has enacted emergency legislation to expand its medical marijuana reciprocity program. It's already in effect! You can go to the store right now! In all, eight more states were added in this round to the 19 that were already accepted. Four more are officially under review.
Virginia hasn't made the cut yet, but I'm hearing that soon after your program has dispensaries open, DC MMJ will be available to you, too. No, not WV either, but that one's currently under review along with LA, MN, & OK.
Here's a list of every state that has been accepted into the program:
- AK, AZ, AR, CA, CO, CT, DE, FL, HI, IL, ME, MD, MA, MI, MT, NV, NH, NJ, NM, NY, ND, OH, OR, PA, RI, VT, and WA. Whew!
Other interesting takeaways from the WAMU article is that DC's seventh dispensary is getting ready to open (in Deanwood, Ward 7) and the program has increased to just over 6k patients.
If you're on the fence, it's worth getting your card even with adult-use sales on the horizon. What I've seen in other states with medical & rec working out of the same storefront is that cardholders get priority entry, access to more products, probably even discounts.
Everybody else is gonna have to wait in lines and believe you me, partner, there's gonna be lines. Mmhmm. Tobacco spit.
- Trooper who smashed window during recorded traffic stop was in compliance, cops say (FOX 5 DC) I wanna be mad about this but you can't just, like, not roll your window down when you get pulled over, man. America is a police state now, you have to be part of a right-wing militia to get away with anything anymore.
- ‘Something fun for the … patients’: Bingo event aimed at medical cannabis users in Carroll County (CARROLL COUNTY TIMES) NCW's event (past) was non-smoking but you're allowed to vape & consume edibles at weed bingo. I might check this out.
- Taneytown’s medical cannabis growing facility is expanding production, jobs (CARROLL COUNTY TIMES) Grassroots, which we reviewed here and is being purchased by Curaleaf
- Coming next to Montgomery County: A marijuana monopoly? (WASHINGTON POST) MoCo executive Elrich's suggested state monopoly on MJ RIPPED APART by FACTS and LOGIC!!!
- Page County deputies team up with aerial task force to find marijuana plants (WHSV) GET TO DA CHOPPA!!! But seriously, I know weed is illegal and that gives authoritarians full chubs, but is busting some weed farmers worth spending helicopter fuel money on? I'm not feelin it, dawg.
- CBD is everywhere — but is it legal? Here’s what you need to know. (THE VIRGINIAN-PILOT) It's a good, in-depth look at current CBD regulations but doesn't- can't- answer its question. "The FDA declined several interview requests." Yeah, I bet.